Frank and Mary, you first travelled with TIKI TOURS on the ‘Unspoiled Sicily & Southern Italy tour in 2014 and have participated on various of the trips since over the last 5 years.
1) In your opinion, has the touring concept changed these last 5 years ?
The touring concept has not really changed however its implementation has streamlined and is more sophisticated in catering for the clients’ needs
2) What sets TIKI TOURS apart from other tour companies? In other words, what is the point of difference?
What is the main reason you travel with TIKI again and again?
We think Tiki focusses more on its clients.
It treats them as individuals
3) Do the tours offer value for money considering all that is included?
It does give great value for money – high on this scale is its resolve to facilitate the best holiday possible
4) If you had to describe your recent September 2018 ‘Enchanting Italy Uncovered’ tour in just 5 words, which words would you choose?
Not sure if 5 words will do it justice but simply put each day surpasses the one before
5) What was the highlight of this particular trip?
Hard to name just one. The glory of the Alps was splendid but so were the medieval villages tucked away in hidden valleys.
6) Did you have enough 'local / authentic travel experiences' i.e. interaction with the locals on this recent Italy trip?
The interaction and the experience is there and of necessity involves more observations of the locals and surrounds.
7) Covering the tours you have experienced to date, do you believe there is enough free time between touring in the day and dining at night to explore individually?
The free time given the circumstances is sufficient to look for things yourself.
8) What do you think of the group size on the tours you have experienced over the years?
The group size is about right and allows a mix of preferences and scope for being able to learn a lot about ones fellow travellers
9) How would you describe the type and calibre of accommodation packaged on the tours you have experienced over the years?
Always interesting, Spain is exotic with its paradores. We have seldom been disappointed with the package of accommodation and meals.
10) Did you find like-minded company on the tours you have participated on over the years?
We have enjoyed the like-minded company and the tours themselves attract people with similar interests and outlook.
11) Covering all tours you have experienced, how would you rate the level of fitness needed to participate on the day to day TIKI TOURS excursions?
The fitter you are the better to enjoy everything but we find the tours are sympathetic and can cater for all fitnesses.
12) In your opinion, what are the most important ingredients for a successful fully escorted small group tour?
<refer below answer to 13>
13) In addition to a full-time European Tour Director, TIKI TOURS uses many local guides on each tour.
How important are the tour director and local guides for the overall success of a tour?
The tour leader is first in importance for the success of the tour. Other important qualities are food, accommodation etc are organised by the team leader.
The important local guides are valuable in their obvious detailed local knowledge.
14) Where would you like to go next in Europe?
Italy is a possibility. Sardinia and Croatia excite interest.
15) You will be travelling with TIKI TOURS on the May 2019 'Country Roads France in Style' tour.
What is your main attraction to this particular trip?
The Country Roads of France is a favourite area for us, art, countryside, hilltop villages and provincial food are obvious attractions.
16) Covering destination Europe, there are many fully escorted small group tours on offer and each and every one of them has their own unique concept and inclusions.
To assist future travellers, who in particular would you recommend the TIKI TOURS Europe tour departures to?
We think the candidates select themselves. An interest in the area and a passion for new experiences.
Love that smile !